Declaration of Solidarity with the Venezuelan People
[Tala : Sa inisyatiba ng Partido Komunista ng Venezuela, napagkaisahan ng mga Partido Komunista at mga Partido Manggagawa sa buong mundo na maglabas ng sumusunod na pinagkaisahang pahayag laban sa pinakahuling mga probokasyon at pakikialam ng imperyalismong Kano sa Venezuela. Ang Partido Komunista ng Pilipinas (PKP-1930) ay isa sa mga partidong agad na nakiisa sa paglalabas ng pinagkaisahang pahayag na ito.]
The Communist and Workers’ Parties worldwide express their strong support for, and firm solidarity with, the Venezuelan people, the Communist Party of Venezuela and the Government of President Nicolas Maduro, which are the targets of a new interventionist escalation of U.S. imperialism which violates the right to self-determination of the peoples.
The “Executive Order” signed by President Barack Hussein Obama and seconded by groups holding oligarchic economic power in the United States and Venezuela, which declared the situation in Venezuela as a supposed “unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States”, represents an act of provocation and interference that threatens the sovereignty, the self-determination and peace in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and in all of Latin America and the Caribbean.
We strongly denounce this act of provocation and interference. In general, this is aimed at destabilizing the popular advances in Latin America and the Caribbean, and especially against the process of change in Venezuela in order to restore the hegemony and geostrategic control of the United States.
While the peoples of Latin America and the Caribbean are embarking on a sovereign and independent road of development, imperialism on the other hand is instigating and undertaking coups d’état, bloody military occupations and widespread violations of human rights.
Venezuela along with the peoples of the region are promoting the realization of the whole of Latin America and the Caribbean as a zone of peace --- rejecting the presence or transit of nuclear weapons, and demanding the withdrawal of all U.S. military bases and forces.
The United States is the one that has surrounded the Latin American and Caribbean peoples with weapons of mass destruction : 74 U.S. military bases aim their weapons against Latin America and the Caribbean, and 13 of these bases surround Venezuela. Billions of dollars from the U.S. budget, and even from drug trafficking engaged in by U.S. secret services, are diverted to fund organizations such as the “National Endowment for Democracy” (NED), the US “Agency for International Development” (AID) and others which foster and organize neo-fascist groups to destabilize Venezuela and other democratic and popular governments.
In response to the crisis of the world capitalist system, the U.S. government and its NATO allies favor the deregulation of employment, massive layoffs and the enfeeblement of fundamental rights, leading their citizens to the verge of misery and death. On the other hand, in Venezuela, the political, social and economic rights of historically-excluded majorities are being promoted.
Based on the foregoing, the undersigned Communist and Workers’ Parties agree to :
- Express our full and active solidarity with the Venezuelan people, the Communist Party of Venezuela and the Government of President Nicolas Maduro, which are the targets of a dangerous aggression by the U.S. government ;
- Demand the repeal of the provocative and interventionist “Executive Order” signed by President Barack Hussein Obama ;
- Join in a Day of Global Action in Solidarity with Venezuela, on April 19, to be held in our respective countries ;
- Summon the movements and organizations which bring together and represent the working class and people, so that they will demonstrate their militant solidarity with Venezuela during the activities to be held on May 1 ; and
- Object in each parliament or in any other forum against any motion or action directed against Venezuela and its legitimate right to self-determination